I’ve preached regularly for Emmanuel Mennonite Church where I served as lead pastor, but I’ve also spoken to college students, health practitioners, retreat ministry leaders, writers, women, men, pastors, and other church leaders, at Fraser Valley Christian Writers, Flourishing Congregations Institute at Ambrose University, Focus on the Family, Seattle Pacific University, St. Benedict Center, and many other church, retreat, and community settings.
For 2019, I look forward to my new role as Resident Author with Valley CrossWay Church which will include some preaching. Other plans include leading a series of chapel services for Power to Change, serving as a retreat speaker in Alberta for Widow to Widow, being a keynote speaker for Mennonite Church Eastern Canada’s Annual Church Gathering, and guest preaching in a number of different congregations.
Below are some of the key themes for my speaking. I’m also happy to consider other topics that connect with the needs and interests of your group. Sermons may be topical or focused on lectionary texts or other Scripture passages. I’m grateful to God for each opportunity to serve, and if you’re looking for pulpit supply or a speaker for your next event, please feel free to contact me.
Keynotes, Seminars, and Workshops
- Deepening Our Relationship with God
- How to Introduce Change to Congregations and Bring People with You
- Spiritual Practice for Busy People
- Cultivating Spiritual Practices
- Journaling for Personal and Spiritual Growth
- One Call, Many Callings
- Spiritual Renewal in Changing Times
- Renewal: Sacred Pauses for Church Leaders
- Sabbath, Self-Care, and Sacred Pauses
- Writing as a Spiritual Journey
- Writing Your Spiritual Story
- I Can’t Do It All and You Can’t Either: Self-Care and Resting in God’s Care
- Creative Living: With Abundance, Trust, and Spirit
- Unwrapping Your Spiritual Gifts
- Pause: A Weekend Away
- Work and Rest: Precarious Balance or Healthy Rhythm?